Reports to: Controller
Basic Function: The Accountant assists the Director of Finance and Administration and Controller with a wide variety of functions which include transactional processing, financial analysis, annual budget development and monitoring, cost allocation, monthly forecasts, program and annual audit support and the implementation of financial and compliance controls.
Position Relationships: Coordinates with Director of Finance and Administration and Controller on all general accounting activities. Works closely with all members of the organization to complete tasks assigned.
- Perform the processing and recording of accounts payable and accounts receivable transactions. Ensures that all invoices and staff reimbursements are paid accurately and in accordance with Finance policies and procedures
- Responsible for the preparation and processing of bi-weekly payroll; review and ensure accuracy of approved timesheets; track and deduct all garnishments and other special payroll deductions
- Responsible for the coordination efforts between payroll, human resources, and other departments to ensure proper flow and maintenance of employee data (including preparation/distribution of detailed reports, e.g. overtime, leave balances, head count, and retirement contribution reports)
- Manage the processing of cash receipts, recording of revenue and receivable and work closely with the Development Team to ensure that revenues and receivables are reconciled.
- Partners with the Controller to prepare for and participate in the annual financial audit. Interfaces with external auditors.
- Prepares selected monthly journal entries
- Prepares monthly budget and financial reporting
- Assists in preparing bank reconciliations
- Maintains accounting files and records
- Handles special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting
- 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Ability to deal with people in a professional manner at all times.
- Ability to properly handle confidential information.
- Self-starter with ability to work independently.
- Must be computer literate. Proficient with MS Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint). Knowledge of accounting financial systems
- Full and complete knowledge of financial accounting
- Ability to accurately use a 10-key calculator.
- Ability to sit at workplace throughout the workday.
- Must have available / reliable transportation to/from the workplace.
- Must have the ability to work additional hours as necessary to accomplish project deadlines and goals.
To apply, please send a resume with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Brandywine Conservancy & Museum of Art is an Equal Opportunity Employer