Young Friends of the Brandywine is a membership group and volunteer committee of young adults dedicated to furthering the goals of the Brandywine Conservancy & Museum of Art and its programs.
What We Do
The Young Friends strive to promote awareness of the Brandywine Conservancy & Museum of Art and its programs by informing other young adults and their families about the work being done by the organization to protect and preserve the Brandywine region, its art and its history.
We want expand and diversify Brandywine’s membership by increasing participation in─and awareness of─the programs of the conservancy and museum and help raise funds to support the Brandywine Conservancy & Museum of Art and its programs.
Ultimately, we hope to develop the next generation and leaders of the Brandywine Conservancy & Museum of Art.
Join the Young Friends
To become a Young Friend, register as a member of the Brandywine Conservancy & Museum of Art. During the registration process, there is an option to join Young Friends.
Need more information?
Call 610.388.8315 or send email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tip-A-Canoe & Barbecue, Too!
Saturday, July 22, 2017
Be a true river rat - begin the day with a canoe trip, savoring the breathtaking views that have inspired so many local artisits followed by a delicious barbecue by Fat Rick's, ice cream from Woodside Farms Creamery and barn dance with music by Crazy in Stereo.
12 noon: Canoe trip
5–7 p.m.: Barbecue by Fat Rick’s and Ice Cream by Woodside Farms
6–10 p.m.: Music featuring Crazy in Stereo
Canoe & Barbecue tickets: $85 to $110 per person
Barbecue & Barn Dance tickets: $60 to $75 per person
Children under 10: Free
Ages 10 – 20: $50 per person
Note: All prices are person and based on 2 people per canoe – confirmation and directions will be emailed to purchaser the week of the event.
Boxed lunches for Canoe trip $15 each – must be ordered in advance – please order when purchasing your ticket.
- Sandwiches with homemade potato chips, fresh fruit & signature chocolate chip cookie
- Firecracker Eggplant Wrap - Crispy eggplant, creamy spicy firecracker sauce, lettuce, tomato, red onion & cheddar Jack cheese
- Gorgonzola Steak Wrap - Chopped steak with blue cheese, tomato, lettuce & caramelized onion
- Caprese Panini - Fresh mozzarella, tomato, basil pesto & balsamic greens on ciabatta
- Prosciutto & Brie Panini - Prosciutto de parma, brie cheese, peppery arugula & peach preserves
- Rosemary Beef Panini -Angus roast beef, rosemary aioli, caramelized onion, roasted red peppers, provolone & spinach
- Turkey & Provolone - Thin shaved turkey with provolone, lettuce & mayo on swirl grain bread
- Salad with roll, butter and signature chocolate chip cookie
- Cobb Salad - Romaine with grilled chicken, bacon, egg, tomato, avocado & blue cheese crumbles with honey mustard dressing
- Strawberry Spinach Salad - Field greens with grilled chicken, strawberries, almonds, cucumber, cranberries & feta cheese with raspberry vinaigrette
Frequently Asked Questions
When it Tip-A-Canoe and Barbecue, too!?
This year the event is scheduled for Saturday, July 22, 2017. Guests may begin to arrive at 11:30 am
What is the schedule for the day?
Guests arrive at The Big Bend
First bus departs for launch site
1:15 pm SHARP
Final bus departs
Canoeist return and barbecue site opens
Barbecue by Fat Rick’s BBQ
Woodside Creamery Ice Cream Truck
Fun, dancing and live music by Crazy in Stereo
Where is Tip-A-Canoe and Barbecue, too! held?
The event is held at The Big Bend, a private residence in Chadds Ford, PA. Directions will be sent via e-mail to ticket purchasers the week of the event.
What do I need?
You will be outside all day and are more than likely to get wet. So we recommend you bring/wear:
- A bathing suit, water shoes, sunscreen, bug spray, a hat, & sunglasses for canoeing
- A towel and change of clothes for the Barbecue and dancing
- Seat cushion for canoeing
- A small cooler with refreshments while canoeing, please remember no alcohol on the river – You can purchase a boxed lunch here –
- A waterproof camera or zip lock bag for valuables or electronics
- You may want to bring a lawn chair or blanket for the Barbecue
What is included in the price?
The price for the whole day includes canoe rental, flotation device, transportation to canoe put-in site, barbecue picnic dinner, cold beverages, beer and wine, and live music.
The price for the BBQ only includes barbecue picnic dinner, cold beverages, beer and wine, and live music.
The concert only price includes live music from 8 to 10 and cold beverage, beer and wine.
Are children permitted to attend?
Children over age 5 are permitted to canoe and children under the age of 10 are free. Tip-A-Canoe and Barbecue, too! is a family- friendly event.
Can we bring our dog?
Sorry, no pets are permitted. Service animals specifically trained to aid a guest with a disability are welcome. We are all looking forward to a great day on the water. To ensure the safety and comfort of all participants please leave your four-legged friends and other pets at home. We’re sure they’d love to hear your stories when you get back!
Can I purchase tickets the day of the event?
Tickets are available by advanced purchase only and the whole day ticket purchases must be made before July 17. There are no tickets available the day of the event. WARNING – THIS EVENT HAS SOLD OUT IN THE PAST.
How do I purchase a ticket?
Tickets are available online or by calling the Young Friends office at 610-388-8315