The Brandywine Conservancy is partnering with Mt. Cuba Center, The Conservation Fund, and others to raise money to save the 240-acre Beaver Valley, a site in Concord Township, Delaware County, PA, noted for its historic significance and bucolic landscapes.
Originally acquired by William Penn from the Duke of York in 1682, the property lies near the banks of the Brandywine River in Concord Township, Pennsylvania. Nearby, in 1777, General George Washington’s troops defended against British forces in the largest battle of the American Revolution. Since then, the Brandywine Valley’s natural beauty has inspired generations of artists, including acclaimed painter Andrew Wyeth.
Please contribute below to ensure this land will remain protected for many generations to come. Your contributions are fully tax-deductible.
In the News
- Beaver Valley land to be protected, The News Journal
- County, town, putting up green for open space in coveted Delco tract, Philadelphia Inquirer
- Donations sought to save Beaver Valley, Chadds Ford Live
- Funding deal preserves 240-acre Delaware County tract from development, Newsworks
- It’s official: Beaver Valley saved from developers, Delco Times
- Delco Officially Preserves 240-Acre Open Space, The Patch