To ensure a positive and memorable experience for museum guests, the Visitor Services and Shop Sales Associate will provide excellent customer service in assisting visitors with the admissions, ticket selling and retail sales.
REPORTS TO: Manager of Visitor Services, Admissions & Retail
PRIMARY FUNCTION: As part of the Visitor Services team, the associate will create a positive and memorable experience for museum guests while assisting with admissions, ticket selling and retail sales.
POSITION RELATIONSHIPS: Works with the Manager of Visitor Services, Admissions & Retail, the Assistant Managers and the Sales Operations Supervisors as well as other museum and PR staff.
- Serve the public in processing admission to the museum, and selling tickets to special events as well as off-site tours to the historic properties.
- Provide general information upon check-in for daily tours, events and promotions.
- Promote and sell memberships to the museum.
- Answer incoming calls regarding ticket or merchandise sales. Process phone orders accurately and efficiently.
- Assist with the preparation, packing and shipping of online orders.
- Engage the visitor in the museum shop and assist them with merchandise purchases.
- Effective sales skills, including suggestive selling and upselling
- Assist in daily maintenance of the work environment and sales floor, including restocking, organizing, inventory, etc.
- Knowledge of shop merchandise and the link of merchandising to our mission.
- Promote guest loyalty and repeat visits to the museum
- Assist with other duties for the admissions or museum shop as needed.
- Embodies customer service best practices.
- Superior communication, salesmanship and interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer and data entry skills, comfortable with POS systems and CRM databases.
- Must have previous retail experience and have excellent cash handling and transaction management skills.
- Ability to understand and follow directions.
- Ability to stand or sit for at least 4 hours at a time.
- Reliable transportation to and from the workplace.
- High school education is required and some coursework or college degree is preferred.
- Lift items weighing up to 30 pounds.
- Part-time, includes daytime as well as evening hours.
- Up to 30 hours per week, with a variable schedule, depending on the needs of the business.
- Regular weekend availability is required.
- Evening event and holiday coverage is required.
- Peak times are mid-November through the first week of January.
- Flexibility is a must.
To apply for this position, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Brandywine Conservancy & Museum of Art is an Equal Opportunity Employer