To share the responsibility of ensuring the timely production of quality cuisine as demanded, and the overall management of the kitchen including the Millstone Café daily operations, as well as all internal and external catered events with the guidance of the Executive Chef. To produce high-quality food and service by utilizing and helping to develop the talents of the junior part-time kitchen staff.
- Cooks and supervises the cooking of items that require skillful preparation
- Evaluates food products to assure, maintain and enforce the highest standards of quality, service, and appearance of food items that leave the kitchen
- Works with the Executive Chef to develop recipes and techniques for food preparation and presentation which help to assure consistently high quality and to minimize food costs
- Exercises portion control for all items served and assists in establishing menu selling prices
- Establishes controls to minimize food and supply waste
- Supervises the work of junior staff in the food and production departments
- Assume all responsibilities of the efficient and timely operation of the kitchen in the Executive Chef’s absence
- Proper use and knowledge of all equipment, chemicals, and procedures
- Will be required to work on a shift basis, including weekends and evenings of unspecified duration.
- Maintain a clean, neat and presentable appearance, especially in view of guests (e.g.: café and catered events)
- Wear proper attire and work in a safe, clean, efficient and organized manner
- Be friendly and polite when dealing with guests, staff and volunteers while in uniform or representing the Brandywine in any way
- Attends food and beverage staff and management meetings
- Interacts with front of house manager, Executive Chef and Events department to assure that food production consistently exceeds the expectations of guests
- Maintains a regular cleaning and maintenance schedule for all kitchen areas and equipment
- Line cook: 3 years (Required)
- Sous Chef: 1 year (Preferred)
- ServSafe (Preferred)
To apply, send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.
The Brandywine Conservancy & Museum of Art is an Equal Opportunity Employer.