Functions as part of the Facilities and Snow & Flood Emergency Response teams. Aids in the maintenance of all Brandywine Conservancy & Museum of Art buildings and properties, including indoor maintenance and repairs, and grounds work, including grass cutting, snow removal, and trail maintenance. Secondary contact for electrical, mechanical, and HVAC systems.
Works closely with staff members within the Facilities department. Interacts with museum and conservancy staff across all other departments.
- Regular maintenance of small and large equipment, not limited to portable equipment and building systems.
- Grounds maintenance and restoration, painting, carpentry, plumbing and other maintenance and repair tasks as necessary.
- Handles daily inbound and outbound mail; transports packages and material between campus buildings as required. Removes trash and recycling to central dumpsters.
- Assists other facilities staff with fire, security, sitework and other building systems equipment. Documents and prioritizes related repairs. Builds equipment history in order to support future capital planning.
- Assists Facilities Manager with inspections for buildings and properties, documenting condition and providing input to capital planning, maintenance plans, and budgets for the above. Supports building repairs and renovations performed by third parties.
- Supports in-house and contracted technicians performing maintenance, landscape, and custodial work to effectively maintain operations of the museum and conservancy. Review completed work orders or contractor job tickets in the absence of the Facilities Manager to ensure accuracy.
- Occasional local and long-distance travel.
- Assists with floods and other emergencies on an on-call basis.
- Support BAS Alarm response, troubleshooting and coordination of necessary repairs by contractors.
- Must be self-motivated and willing to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Must be comfortable working in both indoor and outdoor environments.
- Must be available for occasional overnight work.
- Must be able to lift at least 60 lbs.
- Must be able to shovel snow and use a snow blower/plow.
- Must be able to push a lawn mower and operate associated lawn care equipment.
- Must be able to work overtime including snow days, emergency situations, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Must be able to climb at least four flights of stairs.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the workplace and to such other sites as may be necessary.
- Must be able to climb a ladder, bend and kneel.
- Motor Vehicle Records (MVRs) will be checked periodically on all employees where driving is a part of their job. The MVR will be reviewed to ascertain the employee holds a valid license and their driving record is within the parameters set by company management
$17 per hour
To apply, please send your resume to Connie Scholz at [email protected].
We are an equal opportunity employer and consider all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.