Security Manager, Security Supervisor
Security guards are responsible for the security and safety of property and visitors and staff personnel. Security guards also know and implement security procedures and provide a number of other customer service duties at the Brandywine Conservancy and Museum of Art (BCMA).
In addition to maintaining a good rapport with all Conservancy and Museum personnel, guards must meet and interact with the public visiting the Brandywine Conservancy & Museum of Art and do so in a manner consistent with good public relations.
- Protects the BCMA against loss or damage to all assets.
- Provides a safe environment for staff and visitors on BCMA properties.
- Perform regular interior and exterior patrols of all Facilities.
- Provides emergency services as required by circumstances or by standard operating procedures.
- Responsible for wearing the uniform as specified by the BCMA.
- Able to interact in a professional manner with public and other employees regarding issues of safety, security, maintenance, deliveries, etc.
- Possess effective written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with ability to deal with all levels of personnel and the public in a professional and effective manner.
- Ability to work special events (normally between 4–9 p.m.) and emergency situations as needed.
- Ability to stand for at least three hours at a time.
- Able to handle emergency situations calmly and efficiently, this includes the ability to perform First Aid/CPR/AED and use of fire extinguishers.
- Able to stand and walk on various surfaces for long periods of time in various temperatures and weather conditions.
- Ability to undergo a background investigation with no adverse record.
- Ability to operate security equipment including computer, camera surveillance system.
- Available to work first, second or third shift.
- Ability to lift at least 30 pounds.
- Must have a valid driver’s license. Motor Vehicle Records (MVRs) will be checked periodically on all employees where driving is a part of their job. The MVR will be reviewed to ascertain the employee holds a valid license and their driving record is within the parameters set by company management.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to Connie Scholz at [email protected].
We are an equal opportunity employer and consider all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. The Brandywine Conservancy & Museum of Art is committed to building a culturally diverse staff.