Director of Facilities & Security
The Security Manager is responsible for the security of all Brandywine owned Chadds Ford properties and for the protection of such property, people and assets. The Security Manager is responsible for maintaining a well-trained staff to support these responsibilities. The Security Manager is also responsible for safeguarding the parking areas, campus grounds and walking trails.
The Security Manager works closely with all Brandywine staff, especially those supervising Visitor Services, Events Coordinator, Education Department and Curators.
- Enforces the security standards established by the Brandywine, to ensure the safety and security of artwork, assets, guests, and staff.
- Develops work schedules, allocates tasks, and manages staff personnel performance.
- Ensures that all security staff are properly trained in security and customer service procedures to provide world class service.
- Collaborates with all related departments, especially with museum Visitor Services, Events, Education and Register`s departments to ensure adherence with each department’s security needs.
- Plans and coordinates security operations for specific events. Ensures adequate security coverage is in place for events.
- Conduct investigations and compile reports on a timely manner for any theft, loss, accidents or risk to security. Coordinate with external police authorities in the investigation and handling of crimes, accidents, our employees and guests.
- Creates and executes all security and emergency management plans. Conduct regular fire evacuation drills. Develops procedures and advises all staff personnel on security and safety procedures.
- Oversees, develops and maintains routine inspections and scheduled maintenance for all security related and life safety equipment and facilitates repairs in a timely manner.
- Assists the Director of Facilities & Security with annual security budget and monitoring of expenses.
- Manages all vendors responsible for supplies and services related to the overall security needs.
- College degree preferred and/or a minimum of 5 years’ experience in security management. Preferably in a visitor or hospitality related work environment.
- In depth knowledge of security procedures and best practices.
- Proven and demonstrative track record of exemplary leadership and strategic thinking and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills with all levels of staff, vendors, local government officials and the public.
- Willingness to commit such hours as necessary to manage responsibilities and coverage. Availability to respond to security alerts outside of business hours. Manager`s normal hours are typically Monday thru Friday 8am. to 5pm. Coverage for certain after-hours events and any emergency related issues that come up concerning Security may be necessary
- Experience in managing outside consultants and specialized security related contractors.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, video surveillance (CCTV), fire, access control and life safety systems.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to Connie Scholz at [email protected].
We are an equal opportunity employer and consider all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. The Brandywine Conservancy & Museum of Art is committed to building a culturally diverse staff.