The Brandywine Conservancy is excited to invite the public to take part in our "Experience the Brandywine" Photo Contest. In celebration of the 10th anniversary of the Brandywine Creek Greenway—a 40-mile long conservation and recreation corridor that starts in Honey Brook, PA and ends in Wilmington, DE—we want to see your photos that best capture the beauty of the Greenway and the many reasons why this region is such a special place to call home. Photos can highlight one of the fun ways to recreate in the Greenway—from hiking, biking, paddling, fishing and more—or feature some of the breathtaking views of protected open spaces and historical sites within the Greenway.
There is no cost to participate in the photo contest and all are eligible to enter. Simply email your entries to email@example.com or upload them to our Dropbox between now and Sunday, October 25, 2020. All entries will be shared on the contest website after October 25 and will be judged by a panel of Brandywine Conservancy representatives. Three winners will be announced on Thursday, October 29 via the Brandywine’s website and on social media.
Photo Contest Rules and Regulations
- Include your name and contact information with your submission, plus the approximate date and location where the photo was taken.
- Submitted photos should be named in the following format: LastName-FirstName_Month-Year_Location.
- High-resolution images are recommended (at least 1MB in size)
- All photos must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, October 25, 2020. Submissions will not be accepted once the deadline lapses.
- Suggested photo subjects include biking, hiking, paddling and exploring the history and nature along the Brandywine Creek Greenway. Click here to see a map of the Greenway.
- A maximum of five entries is permitted per person.
- Entries must be submitted via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via Dropbox. If submitting images via dropbox, please be sure to email your contact information to email@example.com.
- Entries will be judged by representatives at the Brandywine Conservancy.
- By entering the contest, entrants agree that photos submitted can be used by the Brandywine Conservancy for marketing purposes. Photo credit will be given at all times.
- The prize must be collected by the winner and is non-transferable.
- The winner will be contacted via the information provided during entry. If no response is received after three business days, a new winner will be selected, and the previous winner will forfeit all rights to the prize.
All pictures submitted to the contest will be reviewed by each of five designated judges at the Brandywine Conservancy. Each Judge will select their three favorite photos based upon the Judging Criteria described below, and top scored photos will become eligible for consideration as finalists. The judges will select three winners from the finalists based on the Judging Criteria.
All photos will be judged based on the contest theme Experience the Brandywine and will include Relevancy, Originality, Impact and Photo Quality. Each criterion has a maximum score of 25 points. The maximum score for any photo is 100 points. The three photos receiving the highest scores will win.
- Relevancy (25 points): Rank the photo’s relevancy to the contest theme
- Originality (25 points): Rank the photo’s originality and creativity
- Impact (25 points): Rank the photo’s emotional impact
- Photo Quality (25 points): Rank the photo’s quality for clarity, focus, and technical details