Brandywine River Clean Up
More than 500,000 residents in Pennsylvania and Delaware rely on the Brandywine as the source of their drinking water. Each year, the Annual Brandywine River Clean-up helps to ensure cleaner water for communities that rely on the Brandywine as a source for their drinking water, a healthier habitat for wildlife, and a safer environment for recreational activities.
Lend a hand at this year’s Brandywine River Clean-up! In an abundance of caution, we will not be gathering at any specific location. Volunteers are encouraged to register for a Clean-up Kit, which will provide you with the things you need to make a difference in our community during the week of Earth Day (Friday, April 16 – Sunday, April 25).
A Clean-up Kit includes:
- One pair of gloves
- One safety vest
- Multiple trash bags
A dumpster will be available in the Brandywine Conservancy parking lot at 1 Hoffman’s Mill Road in Chadds Ford, PA. The dumpster is there for volunteers to safely dispose of their trash from Friday, April 16th to Sunday, April 25th.
Register yourself, your family, or a group of friends by clicking the link below. Clean-up Kits are free and can be picked up in on the porch of the Conservancy Building during regular business hours. All volunteers in your party must complete a waiver. Signed waivers can be placed in the envelope when you pick up your kit(s). A guardian must complete a waiver for any volunteer under the age of 18.
Important things to remember:
- Please use caution when navigating along the riverbed. We ask that you do not enter the river on foot or by kayak or canoe.
- Please do not enter onto any private property to access the River. It is best to focus your cleanup efforts along the riverbanks in parks or other public areas. Use the list below as a guide for places to start:
- Roadside litter can be dangerous. Do not open coolers, jugs, bottles and other sealed containers.
- Make sure to wear gloves, long pants, long sleeved shirts, study shoes, and safety gear
- Report any suspicious or dangerous items to police immediately
- Make sure children are not left unattended near roadways or waterways
Ready to make a difference? Register today!
Questions? Email email@example.com or Call 610-388-8341