Executive Chef, Millstone Café & Catering Manager, who in turn reports to the Director of Volunteers, Events & Café Operations at the Brandywine River Museum of Art.
To share responsibility of ensuring the timely production of high-quality food and service in the Millstone Café, as well as assisting with internal and external catered events with guidance of the Executive Chef.
- Prepare basic components of each item on the menu in a timely and sanitary manner using the Executive Chef’s proven recipes.
- Utilizes portion control sizes for all items served
- Minimizes food and supply waste
- Monitors product freshness based on quality control schedule
- Restocks items as needed throughout the shift
- Proper use and knowledge of all equipment, chemicals, and procedures
- Assists with the cleaning and organization of the kitchen and equipment
- Ensures that the kitchen prep and food storage areas meet all sanitation and food production codes
- Assumes responsibilities of the efficient and timely operation of the kitchen in the Executive Chef’s absence
- Wear proper attire and work in a safe, clean, efficient and organized manner
- Be positive and respectful when interacting with guests, staff and volunteers while representing the Brandywine Conservancy & Museum of Art
Part-time (20-29 hours per week)
$15 / hour
- Restaurant: 3 years preferred
- Line Cook: 3 years preferred
- License: ServSafe (food handler certificate) required
- Able to carry and lift objects up to 50 lbs. frequently
- Able to stand and walk for long periods of time
- Strong communication and listening skills
- Ability to accommodate a varying schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays
To apply, please send your resume to Julianne Ruocco at [email protected]
We are an equal opportunity employer and consider all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.