Part-Time Seasonal Model Railroad Assistant
November 1, 2021 to January 26, 2022
Senior Model Railroad Specialist
This part-time, seasonal position assists the Senior Model Railroad Specialist and the Model Railroad Specialist with the assembly/disassembly of the Museum’s large model train display. The Assistant will also assist with the operation of the train display while on view in the Museum.
In addition to maintaining a good rapport with all Conservancy and Museum personnel, must meet and greet the public and answer any questions from visitors of the Conservancy & Museum and do so in a manner consistent with good public relations.
- Assists with the assembly/disassembly and monitors the train display while in operation and reports any issues of concern to the Specialist on duty.
- Assists with general maintenance of the train track and objects associated with its display while on display.
- Provides information on the train display to the public when requested.
- Assists with general maintenance on the train display during special events held during the holiday season.
- Experience and knowledge of model trains, their installation and operation.
- Basic mechanical and electrical knowledge.
- Carpentry and soldering skills a plus.
- Available and reliable transportation to and from the workplace.
- Embodies Brandywine’s welcoming spirit to the Museum’s visitors and is mindful of components of customer service.
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to understand and follow directions.
- Able to carry and lift objects up to 60 lbs.
- Ability to accommodate a varying schedule including weekends, and holidays
Part-time (20-29 hours per week)
$10/ hour, bi-weekly
To apply, please send your resume to Julianne Ruocco at [email protected]
We are an equal opportunity employer and consider all qualified applicants equally without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.