As part of the Visitor Services team, the associate will create a positive and memorable experience for museum guests while assisting with admissions, ticket selling and retail sales.
Works with the Manager of Visitor Services, Admissions & Retail, the Assistant Managers and the Lead Sales Supervisors as well as other museum and PR staff.
- Serve the public in processing admission to the Museum and sell tickets to special events as well as offsite tours to the historic properties.
- Provide general information upon check-in for daily tours, events and promotions.
- Promote and sell memberships to the Museum.
- Answer incoming calls regarding ticket or merchandise sales. Process phone orders accurately and efficiently.
- Assist with the preparation, packing and shipping of online orders.
- Engage visitors in the Museum Shop and assist them with merchandise purchases, using refined suggestive selling and upselling skills.
- Assist in the daily maintenance of the sales floor, including restocking, ticketing, inventory preparation, etc.
- Educate visitors about the merchandise sold in the shop and how it represents the Brandywine mission.
- Promote guest loyalty and repeat visits to the Museum.
- Assist with other duties for admissions or Museum Shop as needed.
- Embodies customer service best practices.
- Must have previous retail experience, with excellent cash handling and transaction management skills.
- Superior communication, salesmanship, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer and data entry skills, comfortable with POS (Point of Sale) systems and CRM databases.
- Interest in a non-profit work environment and fulfilling the mission of the organization.
- Reliable transportation to and from the workplace.
- Ability to understand and follow directions.
- Ability to stand or sit for at least 4 hours at a time.
- High school education is required, and some coursework or a college degree is preferred.
- Lift items weighing up to 30 pounds.
- Part-time, includes daytime as well as some evening hours during the holiday season.
- Up to 30 hours per week, with a variable schedule, depending on the exhibition schedule and the needs of the business.
- Regular weekend availability is required.
- Evening event and holiday coverage is required.
- Flexibility is a must.
To apply, please send your resume to Connie Scholz at [email protected]
We are an equal opportunity employer and consider all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.