To ensure a positive and memorable experience for museum guests, the Visitor Services and Shop Sales Associate will provide excellent customer service in assisting visitors with admissions, ticket selling and retail sales.
Manager of Visitor Services, Admissions & Retail
As part of the Visitor Services team, the associate will
create a positive and memorable experience for museum guests while assisting with admissions, ticket selling and retail sales.
Works with the Manager of Visitor Services, Admissions & Retail, the Assistant Manager and the Lead Sales Supervisor as well as other museum and PR staff.
- Serve the public in processing admission to the Museum and sell tickets to special events as well as offsite tours to the historic properties.
- Provide general information upon check-in for daily tours, events and promotions.
- Promote and sell memberships to the Museum.
- Answer incoming calls regarding ticket or merchandise sales. Process phone orders accurately and efficiently.
- Assist with the preparation, packing and shipping of online orders.
- Engage visitors in the Museum Shop and assist them with merchandise purchases, using refined suggestive selling and upselling skills.
- Assist in the daily maintenance of the sales floor, including restocking, ticketing, inventory preparation, etc.
- Educate visitors about the merchandise sold in the shop and how it represents the Brandywine mission.
- Promote guest loyalty and repeat visits to the Museum.
- Assist with other duties for admissions or Museum Shop as needed.
- Embodies customer service best practices.
- Must have previous retail experience, with excellent cash handling and transaction management skills.
- Superior communication, salesmanship and interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer and data entry skills, comfortable with POS (Point of Sale) systems and CRM databases.
- Interest in a non-profit work environment and fulfilling the mission of the organization.
- Reliable transportation to and from the workplace.
- Ability to understand and follow directions.
- Ability to stand or sit for at least 4 hours at a time.
- High school education is required, and some coursework or a college degree is preferred.
- Lift items weighing up to 30 pounds.
- Part-time, includes daytime as well as occasional evening hours.
- Up to 30 hours per week during the holiday season, with a variable schedule, depending on the needs of the business.
- Regular weekend and holiday availability is required.
- Flexibility is a must.
STARTING SALARY/HOURLY RATE:
To apply, please send your resume to Connie Scholz at [email protected]
We are an equal opportunity employer and consider all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. The Brandywine Conservancy & Museum of Art is committed to building a culturally diverse staff.