Virtual Summer Art Camp with Brandywine
Brandywine’s fun and inspirational summer camp is going online! Youth ages 9-14 will immerse themselves in creative projects facilitated by museum educators that will bring out the artist in each of them.
Through experimenting with a variety of materials, young artists will stretch creative boundaries and discover the wide world of artistic exploration. Campers will be inspired by Brandywine’s outstanding art collection in new ways – we’ll get to look at artwork up close, and even explore some rarely seen works from the vault!
- Each morning we will gather from 10 a.m. to noon on Zoom for art demonstrations, hands-on projects and group conversations. Brandywine will take careful security measures (pre-registration, password protection, and waiting rooms) to ensure a safe virtual experience for all campers.
- The fun will continue unplugged in the afternoon as campers complete optional creative challenges that they can share with the group the following morning.
- The week will culminate with an online gallery of works created that can be shared with family and friends.
Camp tuition includes a supply kit containing all materials that campers will need to complete their week of art adventures as well as a special Brandywine souvenir. Supply kits will be available for pick-up at the Museum during the week of July 6–10 between the hours of 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. Specific instructions for picking up supply kits will be sent upon registration.
Each camper will need:
- Access to a computer, tablet, or phone with webcam capabilities to participate through Zoom. Because of the length of camp, having a device plugged in is recommended.
- A clear workspace with minimal distractions, such as a kitchen table, where materials can be spread out. We will plan for projects with minimal clean-up, but having a space that can be wiped down is recommended.
- Basic supplies (Brandywine will provide most supplies, but these items will come in handy): scissors, pencil sharpener, eraser, cup for water, paper towels
Need-based scholarships are available by request. Contact Laura Westmoreland at LWestmoreland@brandywine.org to inquire.