Discover the history and artistic legacy of the Brandywine Valley through one of our many guided group tour options. Choose from one of our three tour types to spend a full or half day in the museum. With our Millstone Café, groups have the convenience of dining on-site with a remarkable view of the Brandywine River.
Guided tours are available for groups of 10 or more year-round between 9:30 a.m. and 3:15 p.m and include a complimentary tour for one group leader. Reservations and advance payment are required for all guided groups. Groups must contact our office at least a month in advance of their visit date to make a reservation. A 10% deposit is required at the time of booking to hold your reservation. Final group numbers and payment are due at least 7 days in advance of your tour.
Please contact the Group Tours Office on Wednesdays, Thursdays or Fridays between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. with any questions and to schedule your next visit.
Guided Museum Tour Options
Offered: Daily between 9:30 a.m. and 3:15 p.m.*
Length: Approximately 1 Hour
Price: $16 per person
Capacity: Minimum of 10
*Some tours offered seasonally or during exhibition dates.
Guided Historic Property Tour Options
Offered: Daily between early April through late November at 10:00 a.m., 11:15 a.m., 12:45 p.m., 2:00 p.m., & 3:15 p.m.*
Length: Approximately 1 Hour
Price: $24 per person for one property, $34 per person for both properties
Capacity: Minimum of 10, maximum of 56*
*Schedule of which tours run at each time varies. Please reach out for specific offerings.
Each tour time slot can accommodate up to 14 visitors. Larger groups can reserve additional time slots.
- Current pricing is for the 2018/2019 season and is effective for reservations made as of July 1, 2018.
- Complimentary admission is provided for one group leader.
- You must pay as a group to receive the group rates. No other discounts, promotions, passes, or museum memberships can be applied to the group rate.
- Groups who do not meet the minimum may still purchase their tickets in advance online at the regular admission rates.
- A wheelchair-accessible entrance and elevators are available. Please disclose any special needs or disabilities to the Group Tours Office when making your reservation so we can best plan and advise you on your visit.
Our cafeteria-style restaurant seats approximately 80 people. The kitchen is open daily from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Groups looking to dine on their own in our café can choose from a variety of menu items including:
- freshly prepared sandwiches
- homemade soups
- fresh salad platters
- daily specials
- beer and wine available
Groups also have the opportunity to preorder lunch in advance through our group lunch vouchers. At a cost of $12 per person, groups will have access to a buffet-style lunch in our beautiful Millstone Café along with reserved tables. We highly encourage groups with limited time—or that are larger than 20—to choose this option for a quick and easy dining experience. The Group Tours Office must be notified at least two weeks in advance if your group would like to add this option onto their reservation.
All buffet lunches include the following menu:
- Assortment of three sandwiches**
- Brandywine Mushroom Soup or Garden Salad*
- Fruit Cup
- Beverage – coffee, tea, lemonade, soda
*The Millstone Café is committed to providing fresh, locally-sourced food and some items may be adjusted seasonally. The Brandywine Mushroom soup is offered to groups October 1–March 31, while the Garden Salad is offered to groups April 1–September 31.
**Sandwiches are to be chosen at least two weeks in advance of the group’s visit. Please select three options from the list. All sandwiches can be made Gluten Free upon advance request. The Group Leader must inform the Group Tours Office of any special dietary concerns as soon as possible. A detailed list of ingredients and potential allergens is available upon request.