The Brandywine Conservancy conserves and protects the land, water, natural and cultural resources of the Brandywine-Christina watershed.
The mission is founded on a belief that a healthy and secure natural environment is essential to meet the needs and aspirations of present and future generations. To accomplish its mission the Conservancy works with individuals, municipal governments, county and state government agencies, and private organizations to:
- Permanently protect and conserve land and water, including natural, cultural and scenic resources;
- Create and strengthen municipal and county plans and regulations that support resource conservation;
- Improve site planning and design to support resource conservation in land development projects;
- Conduct research and analyses of approaches to planning and to conservation of natural and cultural resources;
- Enhance awareness and knowledge of conservation approaches within the Brandywine River watershed and beyond.