Executive Chef, Millstone Café & Catering Manager, who in turn reports to the Director of Volunteers, Events & Café Operations at the Brandywine Museum of Art.
Flexible Hours. Great Work/Life Balance. Scratch kitchen. Positive Environment. To share responsibility of ensuring the timely production of high-quality food and service in the Millstone Café, as well as assisting with internal and external catered events with guidance of the Executive Chef.
- Prepare basic components of each item on the menu in a timely and sanitary manner using the Executive Chef’s proven recipes.
- Utilize portion control sizes for all items served
- Minimize food and supply waste
- Monitor product freshness based on quality control schedule
- Restock items as needed throughout the shift
- Proper use and knowledge of all equipment, chemicals, and procedures
- Assist with the cleaning and organization of the kitchen and equipment
- Ensure that the kitchen prep and food storage areas meet all sanitation and food production codes
- Assume responsibilities of the efficient and timely operation of the kitchen in the Executive Chef’s absence
- Wear proper attire and work in a safe, clean, efficient and organized manner
- Be positive and respectful when interacting with guests, staff and volunteers while representing the Brandywine Museum of Art
Part-time (20-29 hours per week)
- Restaurant: Two years preferred. Line Cook: Two years preferred.
- Able to carry and lift objects up to 40 lbs. frequently
- Able to stand and walk for long periods of time
- Strong communication and listening skills
- Ability to accommodate a varying schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays
To apply, please send your resume to Connie Scholz at [email protected].
We are an equal opportunity employer and consider all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. The Brandywine Conservancy & Museum of Art is committed to building a culturally diverse staff.