Through the Photographer's Eye: Art in Nature
Join award-winning photographer Jim Graham on a walk through the pristine Laurels Preserve. Participants will have the rare opportunity to explore a protected landscape through the eyes and imagination of an artist and will learn new ways to appreciate the natural world. The Laurels, open exclusively to Brandywine members, features almost 500 acres of forest, grasslands and streams, and is home to a vast variety of wildlife and native plants.
- This members-only program is limited in size to ensure a rich and intimate experience.
- Attendees will park and meet at the Brandywine's Doe Run Office at 10 a.m.; directions to the Doe Run Office will be sent upon registration. A shuttle to the Preserve will be provided. The walk will last approximately 1 1/2 hours.
- Terrain may be uneven and unpaved, please plan to wear appropriate footwear.
- There are no restrooms available at the Preserve. However, restrooms are available prior to departure at the Doe Run Office.
- Attendees are encouraged to bring small cameras or camera phones (no tripods, please).
- In the case of inclement weather, the rain date for this event is Wednesday, June 19, 2019
All registrants will be automatically entered into a raffle to win one of two signed, open edition prints by Jim Graham. Winners will be announced at the conclusion of the event.
Jim Graham is an award-winning photographer with over 40 years of experience in editorial, commercial and fine art photography. Graham is a former staff photographer for the News Journal Papers, and his editorial clients include USA Today, The Associated Press, Bloomberg News, Sports Illustrated, and the Hunt Magazine. He was Southern Photographer of the year and has been nominated twice for the Pulitzer Prize. A Chadds Ford native, Graham was a founding member of the Young Friends of the Brandywine, and his local subjects include The Cheshire Hunt, Winterthur Point to Point, and portraits of George “Frolic” Weymouth in action with both carriage and paintbrush.