To ensure the safety and security of the Radnor Hunt Races’ Patron experience, we have implemented a variety of new COVID-19 procedures, including face mask requirements, social distancing of spaces and capacity limits. Specifically:
- Each space has a maximum number of guests (as determined by your location and party package), which will be your “party pod” for the day. Children are included in this maximum number.
- Each party is encouraged to stay within that "pod".
- Tented tailgates (10x10 and 20x20) will not have tent sides and will be placed with 10 feet spacing between tents.
- There will be no pedestrian crossing of the racetrack.
- Single ticket and single parking spaces will not be available for individual sale.
- Patrons are encouraged to self-regulate social distancing when approaching the rails.
- Patrons should not share food, drinks or personal items—such as noisemakers—with people not in their household.
- Patrons will need to pack their own food and beverages to be enjoyed on race day.
- There will be no food or beverage available for purchase.
- All Patrons (over the age of two), volunteers, vendors and staff are required to wear a face mask covering their mouth and nose during visits, even if they are wearing a face shield.
- To facilitate contact tracing, "Party Pod" hosts will be required to submit a list of their guests' names and a phone number and email address.
*The Radnor Hunt Races and Brandywine Conservancy reserves the right to change or cancel this event at any time.
- The Radnor Hunt Races are held annually on the 3rd Saturday in May.
- The Radnor Hunt Races take place on the W. Burling Cocks Memorial Racecourse at Radnor Hunt, 826 Providence Road, Malvern, PA 19355.
- The Radnor Hunt Races is a fundraiser for the Brandywine Conservancy and its open space and clean water programs. The raising of funds or use of a party at the Radnor Hunt as a fundraiser for any other organization is strictly prohibited.
- Gates open at 10:00 am and close at 12 noon.
- Presentation of the Colors and opening ceremonies begin at 1:00 pm. Post-time for the first race is 1:30 pm.
- The event is held rain or shine.
- Tickets are not sold the day of the event, there is no Will Call area. All patron ribbons and parking passes must be purchased and received in advance of race day.
- There are no refunds.
- All patrons must wear a patron ribbon at all times.
- No vehicle larger than a mini-van, SUV or standard-sized pickup truck will be allowed in the parking spaces. All vehicles in reserved parking spaces must fit within their designated space.
- The races are a NO DRONE ZONE. For your safety and the safety of horses and riders, please leave your drones at home. Unauthorized drones are not permitted and are subject to confiscation.
- Arrive early to avoid getting caught in traffic. Please arrive by 11:00 am.
- There are six races throughout the course of the day.
- Each race is a different length and has challenges, such as the type of track (brush or timber) and the number of jumps.
- Post time for the first races is 1:30 and there is a race approximately every 30 minutes, so the races are over about 4:15 to 4:30 pm.
- Please drink responsibly. Please do NOT drink and drive.
- If you need transportation, use a designated driver or a taxi service.
- We have a zero-tolerance policy for under-age drinking.
- Please be prepared to show identification.
- No kegs or drinking games (ice luges, beer pong, etc.).
- NO GLASS, CONTAINERS OR DISHES of any kind.
- No pets are allowed on the grounds except for service animals.
CREDENTIALS AND PARKING
- Patron ribbons must be worn at all. Be prepared to show credentials at all entrances.
- All vehicles must display the appropriate parking pass for their designated space.
- If you leave early, your parking pass will be collected as you leave. You can leave at any time; from the infield, you must wait to leave between races.
- Any duplication or counterfeiting of any credentials may result in you being asked to leave the event site.
- NO buses, limousines, motor coaches, trailers or other wheeled vehicles are permitted without the prior consent of the Radnor Hunt Races office.
- Many of the areas where you drive directly to your reserved parking spot are handicap accessible. Patrons parking around the clubhouse should show the parking staff your handicapped placard and they will guide you to the handicapped parking area. Getting to where you are able to watch the races requires walking/traversing over unpaved and uneven ground.
- Wear clothing that is suitable for the day’s weather.
- The event is held in meadows and pastures, appropriate footwear is highly recommended.
- The level of dress changes with the proximity to the clubhouse where most gentlemen wear sports jackets (tie optional) and most ladies wear dresses.
- Remember a hat and sunblock, or rain gear if the weather is wet. Whatever area you choose, it can be breezy in all kinds of weather.
- No one who appears intoxicated will be admitted to the grounds. Any guests who are intoxicated may be asked to leave the grounds.
- Please be courteous of your neighbors.
- No amplified bands or DJs. In-vehicle sound systems must be kept at acceptable levels.
- No inflatable devices such as climbing walls, slides, obstacle courses, etc.
- No fireworks or pyrotechnics or firearms
- No display of advertising, banners or signs
- No propane, gas, or charcoal grills, no open flame
- No trailers
MEDICAL AID & SECURITY
- If there is a serious medical or security emergency, call 911.
- If you do not have a phone, ask your neighbor or seek out the nearest uniformed Boy Scout. There is a response team on site.
- For less serious emergencies, there is an ambulance and first aid station located on the hillside near the information tent.
- You may also contact any one of the uniformed Boy Scouts on the grounds and they will put you in touch with someone with a radio to request help or direct you.
- Rideshare pickup and drop-off is located at either Gate 1 or Gate 5. Please call the Radnor Hunt Races office at 610-388-8383 to purchase a special pass.
- No cars may be left on the grounds overnight.
- Any vehicle left overnight on the grounds is subject to towing at the owner’s expense.
Failure to honor Radnor Hunt Races policies or the statutes of the State of Pennsylvania will result in expulsion from the grounds.