- The Radnor Hunt Races are held annually on the 3rd Saturday in May.
- The Radnor Hunt Races take place on the W. Burling Cocks Memorial Racecourse at Radnor Hunt, 826 Providence Road, Malvern, PA 19355.
- Gates open at 9:00 am. Presentation of the Colors and opening ceremonies begin at 1:00 pm. Post-time for the first race is 1:30 pm.
- The event is held rain or shine.
- Tickets are not sold the day of the event, there is no Will Call area. All patron ribbons and parking passes must be purchased and received in advance of race day.
- There are no refunds.
- Children 12 and under are admitted free when accompanied by an adult in all tailgating areas.
- Patrons must be 21 to purchase a Patron ribbon, parking passes or tailgating spot.
- You must wear your Patron ribbon at all times in credentialed areas.
- No vehicle larger than a mini-van, SUV or a standard-sized pickup truck will be allowed in the parking spaces. All vehicles in reserved parking spaces must fit within their designated space.
- The races are a NO DRONE ZONE. For your safety and the safety of horses and riders, please leave your drones at home. Unauthorized drones are not permitted and are subject to confiscation.
- Arrive early to avoid getting caught in traffic. Please to arrive by 11:30 am.
- There are six races throughout the course of the day.
- Each race is a different length and has challenges, such as the type of track (brush, and timber) and the number of jumps.
- Post time for the first races is 1:30 and there is a race approximately every 30 minutes, so the races are over about 4:15 to 4:30 P.M.
- For your safety as well as that of the jockeys and horses, the track crossings are closed at the start of each race and will not reopen until the officials permit this. Crossing the racecourse takes some planning because the crossing gates are closed a few minutes prior to a race so the course can be inspected and certified clear. This may require you wait for some time at the track crossing. Your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated.
- The sale or promotion of merchandise or services is strictly prohibited except by the Radnor Hunt Races Committee or authorized by the Committee as part of sponsorship.
- The Radnor Hunt Races is a fundraiser for the Brandywine Conservancy and its open space and clean water programs. The raising of funds or use of a party at the Radnor Hunt as a fundraiser for any other organization is strictly prohibited.
- Please drink responsibly. Please do NOT drink and drive.
- If you need transportation, use a designated driver or a taxi service.
- We have a zero- tolerance policy for under-age drinking.
- Please be prepared to show identification.
- No kegs or drinking games (ice luges, beer pong etc...).
- NO GLASS, CONTAINERS OR DISHES of any kind.
- No pets are allowed on the grounds except for service animals.
CREDENTIALS AND PARKING
- Patron ribbons must be worn at all times in areas where applicable. Be prepared to show credentials at all entrances.
- All vehicles must display the appropriate parking pass for their designated space.
- If you leave early, your parking pass will be collected as you leave. You can leave at any time; from the infield, you must wait to leave between races.
- Any duplication or counterfeiting of any credentials may result in you being asked to leave the event site.
- NO buses, limousines, motor coaches, trailers or other wheeled vehicles are permitted without prior consent of the Radnor Hunt Races office.
- Patron parking passes are required to enter the grounds. Parking passes are $100/car.
- Patron ribbons are a part of a patron package. If you are a patron already you can buy additional ribbons up to the maximum permitted per area. Box holders cannot purchase extra ribbons because there only 8 seats in a box.
- In many of the areas, where you drive directly to your reserved parking spot are handicap accessible. For patrons parking around the clubhouse should show the parking staff your handicapped placard and they will guide you to the handicapped parking area. To get to where you are able to watch the races requires walking/traversing over unpaved and uneven ground.
- Wear clothing that is suitable for the day’s weather .
- Women should wear flat shoes. The level of dress changes with the proximity to the clubhouse where most gentlemen wear sports jackets (tie optional) and most ladies wear dresses. But it is more about what you want to wear.
- Remember a hat and sunblock, or rain gear if the weather is wet. Whatever area you choose, it can be breezy in all kinds of weather.
- No one who appears intoxicated will be admitted to the grounds. Any guests who are intoxicated may be asked to leave the grounds.
- Please be courteous of your neighbors.
- No amplified bands or DJs. In-vehicle sound systems must be kept at acceptable levels.
- No inflatable devices such as climbing walls, slides, obstacle courses etc.
- No fireworks or pyrotechnics or firearms
- No display of advertising, banners or signs
- No propane, gas, or charcoal grills, no open flame
- No trailers
MEDICAL AID & SECURITY
- If there is a serious medical or security emergency, call 911.
- If you do not have a phone, ask your neighbor or seek out the nearest uniformed Boy Scout. There is a response team on site.
- For less serious emergencies: There is an ambulance and first aid station located on the hillside near the information tent.
- You may also contact any one of the uniformed Boy Scouts on the grounds and they can put you in touch with someone with a radio to request help or direct you.
- Rideshare pickup and drop off is located at either Gate 1 or Gate 5, please call the Radnor Hunt Races office at 610-388-8383 to purchase a special pass.
- No cars may be left on the grounds overnight.
- Any vehicle left overnight on the grounds is subject towing at the owner’s expense.
Failure to honor Radnor Hunt Races policies or the statutes of the State of Pennsylvania will result in expulsion from the grounds.